David González del Campo Wins the V Contest of Photography of the Encierro
A photograph by David González, taken in Santo Domingo, is the winner of the V International Photography Contest of the running of the bulls for accredited professionals. The contest received 57 entries by 25 authors. The prize ceremony will take place on July 9 in the Café Iruña.
A photo snapped by David González del Campo in Santo Domingo is the winner in the V International Photography Contest of the “Encierro” for accredited professionals and organized by the Press Association of Navarra and the International Press Office (OIP) of Navarra. This award, sponsored by the Town Hall of Pamplona consists of 1,500 euros and a cobblestone taken from the runway of the “Encierro”. The Prize by popular vote, sponsored by the commercial center, Itaroa, goes to Javier Sesma.
The V International Contest of Photography of the “Encierro” makes its decision based on photos of the 12 stretches of the “encierro”. The winners are:
- Santo Domingo: David González del Campo (Consejo Regulador DO Navarra).
- Plaza Consistorial: DESIERTO (Cofradía Musical San Saturnino).
- Mercaderes: Silvia Ollo (Freixenet).
- Curva Mercaderes: Rubén Albarrán (Obra Social La Caixa).
- Estafeta Inicio: Itaroa Eva Sánchez (Centro Comercial).
- Estafeta Media Sergio Gago (Chez Belagua).
- Estafeta Final: Marta Roca (Reyno Gourmet).
- Duque de Ahumada: DESIERTO (Periodistas de Navarra).
- Curva Telefónica: DESIERTO (Rincón de Hemingway).
- Bajada Callejón: Óscar Jiménez (La Botería).
- Callejón: DESIERTO (Oficina Internacional de Prensa).
- Plaza de Toros: Rubén Albarrán (Casa de Misericordia).
They will receive part of a post from the barricade of the “encierro”. Four stretches went without prizes: Plaza Consistorial, Duque de Ahumada, Curva de Telefónica y Callejón. Due to the quality of their pictures, the jury awarded special prizes to David González del Campo for a photograph of the Estafeta stretch and to Juan Antonio Garaikoetxea for a photograph of the Mercaderes stretch.
Prizes will be awarded on July 9 at 10:45 in the Café Iruña of the Plaza del Castillo.
The jury for this edition were Jorge Nagore, Javier Manero, “encierro” runner Xabier Aldaz, carpenter responsible for the barricades of the “encierro”; Miguel Ángel Alústiza, director of External Relations of the MECA of Pamplona and Miguel Moreno, of Journalists of Navarra.