Third International Contest of Photography of the Encierro
Journalists of Navarra are sponsoring the Third International Contest 2013 for photographers who cover the encierros of Sanfermines. The participants must be accredited by the Town Hall of Pamplona. This year’s topic is “The Essence of the Fiesta” in an effort to demonstrate the beauty and tradition of the men and bulls, both running the encierro. This act forms part of the cultural patrimony of the Foral Community of Navarra. All accredited photographers are invited to take part with photos taken in 2012 by the Association of Journalists of Navarra and the International Office of Press.
Topic of the Contest
“The Encierro of San Fermín”/ beauty of the running of the bulls
- Only photographers accredited to work in the encierro stretch by the Service of Communication of the Area of Citizen Participation and New Technologies of the Town Hall can take part.
- Participating in this contest takes for granted the total acceptation of the contest rules.
- Photographers must confirm that they have taken the photos and possess all rights to them.
- The photos must have been taken during the encierros of 2012. They can have been published or not.
- The photos must follow the theme of the contest. The organizing committee of the contest has the right to judge whether or not the photos follow the theme of the contest.
- Journalists of Navarra promise not to manipulate the images.
Sponsors who acquire collections of images to exhibit in their places of business may sell the art if part of the quantity received is given to the promoters of the contest. Author rights will be in accordance with the Navarra Delegation of the Nation Association of Photo Journalists of Press and Television.
PRESENTATION OF IMAGES
– Each participant may enter a maximum of three images.
– The image can be presented in three ways:
A.) Digital/ with a minimum resolution of 250 dip/ppp en JPG format in any color profile, compressed high quality (12) with a minimum size of 50 cms. on the smallest side. Digital files can be sent to the web address of the Association of Journalists of Navarra (asociación@periodistasdenavrra.es) In the same email, include information about the author (first name, surname, telephone numbers, DNI or passport.)
B.) Paper photograph/ with a minimum size of 20 cms on its smallest side. All information about the author should be included (name, surname, telephone numbers, DNI or passport)
C.) Standard format must be 20×30 cms. Entry must be sent to this address: Asociación de Periodistas de Navarra, c/ Pozoblanco, 15, 1º 31001, Pamplona, (Navarra)
– The deadline for receiving photographs are from July 8, 2012 to November 15, 2012 at 14 hours.