Last encierro of Sanfermines . Miuras and gorings
The last encierro of Sanfermines on July 14 with Miura bulls was the longest and most dangerous of the fiesta of 2014: 4 minutes and 57 seconds.
The Miuras left in their tracks three gorings caused by a bull and four other runners with contusions and traumatisms. This was the encierro that marks the end of Sanfermines, but it was somewhat different from the Miura´s usual behavior. Olivito of 595 kilos became separated from the herd after falling in the curve of Mercaderes, and after getting to its feet, the bull lunged at a runner, goring him in the left thigh and in the right side of the torso. From then on, the herdsmen and other runners were crucial in guiding Olivito in to the bullring.
- J.A.M., male. 27-years-old.( Madrid). Facial injury. Released from hospital.
- F.C.P., male. 33-years-old. (Rentería, Guipúzcoa). Cerebral contusions. Condition: Fair.
- E.G.E., male. 21-years-old. (Burlada, Navarra). Three gorings in both thighs. Condition: Serious.
- J.M., male. 24-years-old. (Grenfell NSW, Australia). Gored in the right thigh. Condition: Fair.
- R.S.H., male. 27-years-old. (Madrid). Trauma to the left collar bone. Condition: Fair.
- M.D.N., female. 26-years-old. (Logroño, La Rioja). Facial trauma. Released from hospital.
- J.G., male. 26-years-old, (Australia). Three gorings in the thorax, abdomen and left thigh. pneumothorax and torn pleura. Condition: Serious.